Sunday, August 2, 2009

Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Bread


Rad liked the pineapple orange muffin bread so much that he asked for another batch. I think he liked the moistness of the cake. I decided not to go with the pineapple and orange but to do it with banana and blueberry as I had to get rid of the bananas anyway. Plus, I added some oats for a bit of chunky texture.
This is actually a muffin recipe but I used a square baking pan to cook it in.

Ingredients:
2 bananas, mashed
1 1/4 c. flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 c packed brown sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 c. milk
3 tbsp melted butter or margarine (I used 3 tbsp salad oil)
almonds
blueberries

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, beat egg, add milk, melted butter, banana, blueberries and nuts. Boil oats and add to the mixture. Mix the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Bake at 250C for 20 to 25 mins. Serve warm.


Well, Rad said it tasted like my banana cake only it is more moist and a fuller taste, perhaps because of the milk. Mangantayon!

2 comments:

chow and chatter said...

great ingredients

Keithgarrick said...

Thanx for the add, look forward to trying.