Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes


I bought a marinated chicken (marinated in something a bit sweet and a bit spice with pepper)from the supermarket and usually I would just grill or fry it but I decided to spice things up a bit and coated it with the following mixture before baking it at 200℃ for an hour.

  • Rosemary mix ----Minced fresh rosemary, 2 tbsp lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil. (This is good for two big cuts already. I only cooked 1 tonight and froze the other.)

Halfway through the cooking time, I flipped the chicken. Then I realized it looks so lonely so I peeled and wedged some potatoes and cut some button mushrooms, sprinkled them with 1 tbsp olive oil(although the oil from the chicken would have been enough), pepper, minced garlic, a bit of garlic powder and some shichimi togarashi for a spicy taste, and just baked it along with the chicken for the last 30 minutes of cooking time. My did our kitchen smelled so nice! And that chicken was really good! Promise!

2 comments:

chow and chatter said...

this looks and smells he he great

Megumi said...

yum yum, parang ang sarap makikain ;)

i dunno why pero mas masarap kainin yung leftovers nyan kinabukasan - cold chix sandwich or sprinkle over vegetable salad (dressing na yung drippings).

post more yummy recipes!!!