Saturday, July 18, 2009

Breakfast Skillet


We almost always skip breakfast so when we eventually drag our bodies from the futon, we are so hungry that I don’t even have that much energy to venture in the kitchen and prepare something. I always have a bread though and often times it would just be different kinds of toast plus coffee or orange juice. Recently, I had that much time and energy to actually make something for brunch.

I liked For-the-love-of-cooking recipes because the ingredients have pictures and the process are so simply written that even a kitchen noob like me can follow. So for this time, I went ahead and did the Breakfast Skillet. I am sure the original recipe tastes good but, I modified it a bit to fit whatever I had in my ref.

Ingredients:

  • 1 bunch of mushroom
  • 4-5 small potatoes (they call it finger potatoes)
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1/4 onion, diced
  • garlic
  • pepper
  • salt
  • cheese
  • bacon, fried and cut to bits
  • left-over Spam, cut to bits

--- no green onions and eggs

Directions:

I followed the procedure in the original recipe, except that, when I put the sautéed veggies in the plate, I sprinkled the cheese over it then the bacon and left-over spam and put it in the oven and baked till the cheese melted.

In summary: Fry bacon and spam. Sautee veggies, put in dish, sprinkle cheese then the meat, bake till cheese melts.


It was a filling dish that we didn’t even have to eat rice. I omitted the egg because we have been eating a lot of cakes lately and my cholesterol is already screaming. I was so happy because Rad said, “Your cooking tastes different.” This from the man who said that all my recipes tasted the same! Mangantayon!

2 comments:

mafia said...

this definitely looks yummy.pero baka sa looks lang ha?hehe

MaRyA said...

you gotta make it to believe it hehhhe