Saturday, February 12, 2011
Yesterday, I grated too much carrots than I needed for Ken's carrot hotcakes. I also had some left-over spam bits, cheddar cheese and sausage from yesterday's salad. While I was making Ken's hotcakes, I saw a recipe for parsley muffins at the back of the mix packaging. So I gathered all the leftovers and decided to make muffins with them. Hence the name.
This is my first time to make muffins like these. All I have been making were muffins with lots of sugar. I don't know how much sugar there is in this recipe though because I used the hotcake mix.
200 g hotcake mix
2 tbsp milk
1/4 onion minced (1/2 if the onion is small)
4 pcs small sausages diced
1/3 tsp salt
2 tbsp minced parsley
powdered black pepper
1. Beat eggs and mix in milk, onion, sausages, spam bits, salt. Mix well.
2. Add the hotcake mix and mix till the flour is just wet.
3. Add the parsley and black pepper.
4. Scoop into a muffin pan and top with the cheddar cheese.
5. Bake at 180℃ for 30 minutes. (Made about six muffins)
The green of the parsley is very noticeable so when I offered it to Ken, he looked at it suspiciously and covered his mouth. It was quite tasty and very filling. Rad and I ate all of them for midnight snack and breakfast.